Brilliant and great alternative to real tacos. Might I suggest home made taco seasoning — cut back on sodium.
Hello lovely readers!
It’s Tuesday which only means one thing…TACOS! Being from Texas, and currently living in San Antonio, I have a certain love for tacos (and Mexican food in general) that sometimes gets the best of me and my belly. I made this delicious taco bowl to satisfy my cravings and keep down the calories as well. It is super easy to make and very filling! Here is my recipe that yields about 4-5 bowls:
- 1 lb. ground beef (I get 93% lean)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Half an onion, diced
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 can of black beans (I get the jalapeño lime flavored)
- 1 can of kidney beans
- Shredded cheese
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- Spinach/lettuce (a couple handfuls per bowl)
- Brown the ground beef and add the packet of taco seasoning
- While that simmers, make the frozen corn (directions on bag)
View original post 46 more words